Bookings and Refund policy
- By booking for a Riddle of Steel event you agree to follow all of Riddle of Steel’s rules and regulations, that have been put in place to contribute to the safety of all participants.
- Cancellations or ticket transfers can be made up to 7 working days before the day of the event, you must inform us via our Contact Us form to make any cancellation. Riddle of Steel reserves the right to charge you a £10 fee per ticket for any cancellation or transfer that is requested within 4 weeks of the start of the event.
Rules and Regulations
- By participating in a Riddle of Steel event you fully understand and freely acknowledge that Live Action Roleplay (LARP) is a physical contact activity that carries certain risks and you voluntarily accept the risks inherent in it and acknowledge that such participation could lead to injury.
- Any deliberate failure to comply with the Riddle of Steel rules will result in expulsion from the event and exclusion from future events.
- Riddle of Steel reserves the right to refuse entry or expel an individual from its events if we feel that they are deliberately going to break the rules. If you are expelled, then your booking fee will not be refunded.
- In the case of any dispute the decision of the Riddle of Steel will be final.
- All LARP weapons, shields, battlefield banners and metal armour must be checked by a member of the Riddle of Steel team before being used at the event. Any of this equipment that fails a check must be ‘fixed’ and then rechecked or must be put securely in your tent or car for the remainder of the event.
- No metal weapons are allowed at Riddle of steel events. Utility knives or camping knives must never be carried on your costume or used as a prop.
- Riddle of Steel will not be held liable for any loss or damage to participants or their property while at an event.
- All children must be responsibly supervised at the event at all times, children are considered to be any person under the age of 18. However, in some cases a responsible and mature 16 or 17 year old may be able to attend a Riddle of Steel event unsupervised if certain criteria are met, contact the organisers for this information. No child will be able to take part in any of Riddle of Steel’s combat activities unless these activities are being run specifically for children or permission has been granted by the event coordinator, or in the case of Cry Havoc by both Mark Gilbert and Ian Macdonald.
- No animals are permitted at Riddle of Steel events unless specific permission has been granted or the animal in question is required by an individual who has a disability.
- At each event that the Riddle of Steel runs there will be extra site rules in force, these extra rules will either be found on the specific event page or as part of a briefing at the start of each event.
Any photographs, art work or writing displayed on this website or within any of our publications, remains the property of Riddle of Steel or the person(s) that produced them. This work can only be duplicated with the express permission of its owner.
Riddle of Steel will not share any data that you give us with any third party under any circumstances. If you subscribe to our mailing list then we will send you periodic emails giving you information about our up and coming events. If you no longer wish to receive these emails then you can unsubscribe on the email itself.
You have the right at any point to request that we delete your personal data from our database. If you wish this to happen then you will need to inform us via post or email.
Riddle of Steel information
Contact: Mark Gilbert